Elementary Science Methods 1: Week #11

 

Elementary Science Methods 1: Week #11

What did you learn this week in the lab?

  • This week in the lab we engaged in many different experiments. These experimental activities included Coke float, baking soda + vinegar, M&M in water, plunger push, melting ice, and cold can. We used prediction and observation to conclude what was happening in each reaction. I really enjoyed doing these activities and using my five senses to figure out what was happening!

Which parts did you find clear and which were confusing?

  • I didn't find anything confusing in this lab, all directions were clear and concise!

How can you apply what you have learned to your teaching in the future?

  • The activity we did at each of the stations today was super engaging, and something I will strive to use in my future classroom. Not only do students observe the reactions, but students get to analyze and become curious which I think is important for students to engage in. 








Comments

  1. Hey Claire! Great blog post this week! I totally agree that these are something we can incorporate into our future teaching. It can be a great way to engage students, and allow them to be curious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Claire! I also think that the stations would be super useful in elementary classrooms. They would engage students and encourage them to ask more questions that they can investigate further. I also think it is a great way to teach them to predict outcomes! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Claire! I liked how you mentioned you would like to use these experiments in your future teaching, I agree that this would be a great way to spark curiosity among your students!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Claire! I completely agree that these activities/experiments are a fun and engaging way to learn. I like how you talked about these activities creating curiosity in kids, because so true! I also want to use these activities and hands on approach in my future classroom.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Elementary Science Methods 1: Week #10

Elementary Science Methods 1: Week #3