Elementary Science Methods: Week #5
Elementary Science Methods 1: Week #5
What did you learn this week in the lab?
- This week in lab we started a new unit about ecology. Specifically, we studied different habitats, ecosystems, and biomes. We studied the similarities and difference between ecosystems and biomes. Lastly, we learned about food chains and were assigned a biome and made a food chain that fit with the specific biome (see below). I also provided a picture of my seed germination, and It has grown a lot since last week!
Which parts did you find clear and which were confusing?
- Overall, I found the entire lab section to be clear without any confusion. The information given during the lecture portion of lab as well as the activities gave details and were easy for myself to understand.
How can you apply what you have learned to your teaching in the future?
- The activity where we studied the big ideas of different habitats would be a great activity to bring into an elementary science lesson. My group studied Bubble Net Fishing where whales work together to catch their prey which are fish. As well as creating a food map for the Tundra region helped my understanding of food maps and the Tundra biome in general. Both activities would be great applications to my future classroom.


I loved your content! I also agree, I can use this material in my future classroom. I also felt like this content was pretty clear.
ReplyDeleteGood work!
Claire,
ReplyDeleteThe way your food web had to change due to the disaster you must have been given! It is crazy how things can change by one simple event. Great job, Claire!
Hey Claire! I loved your demonstration of the food chain in the Tundra. It is extremely clear on the consumer levels as well as giving additional information about the habitat was very insightful. Your fast plant also seems to be growing very well! Nice job!
ReplyDelete