Elementary Science Methods: Week #6

 

Elementary Science Methods 1: Week #6

What did you learn this week in the lab?

  • This week in lab we started by reviewing our Jamboard biomes from last week and presented them to the class. Next, we learned about the process of flower pollination and were able to pollinate our plants with dried bees. We also read the book Turtle, Turtle, Watch Out By: April Sayre and learned about how Turtles are affected by the dangers of the threats in the sea. After reading this book we played a game called Turtle, Turtle, Watch Out where we had paper fortune tellers and had different fortunes correlating to different numbers and letters. This was a fun engaging activity!

Which parts did you find clear and which were confusing?

  • I found today's lesson engaging with clear and concise directions. With that, I didn't have any confusion during class today. 

How can you apply what you have learned to your teaching in the future?

  • The activity Turtle, Turtle Watch Out would be a great activity to use in an elementary classroom in multiple ways. After reading the book, being able to connect the learning from the book on what threats turtles face this activity helps connect the knowledge learned. For example, during the activity, if your turtle ate a plastic bag they died, which is a threat we learned from the book. 




Comments

  1. Hi Claire! You did a great job with your post! I agree that the turtle, turtle, watch out game was very fun and engaging. I think it would be a great and fun addition to a classroom activity. It allows students to learn about the harmful and helpful factors to turtles while competing to win the game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post Claire!! I also plan to use the 'Turtle Turtle Watch Out' activity in my classroom too. Your plant is growing at a stupendous rate!! Show me your ways :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good work Claire! I also learned more about turtles this week and thought it was very beneficial. I believe the Turtle Turtle game was a very fun activity as it showed us different survival rates of turtles. I will definitely be using this material in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Claire! I also thought that the fortune telling game would be a great activity for kids. It doesn't even have to be for science it could go with anything. Your fast plant is looking great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Elementary Science Methods 1: Week #10

Elementary Science Methods 1: Week #3

Elementary Science Methods 1: Week #11