Elementary Science Methods 1: Week #10
Elementary Science Methods 1: Week #10
What did you learn this week in the lab?
- This week in lab we focused on the big ideas of natural selection and evolution. Explored more of the NGSS standards in Life Science knowing this our last week studying this topic. Lastly, we completed two activities with a natural selection simulation and preying on beans. Both of these activities helped us better understand the content we were taught.
Which parts did you find clear and which were confusing?
- I found everything from the lab this week to be clear and concise with minimal confusion for myself.
How can you apply what you have learned to your teaching in the future?
- The bean activity I think would be a great activity in the classroom. However, you would need to manipulate some of the steps for elementary students because they might not know how to calculate percentages. I enjoyed how the activity had a mix of independent and collaborative work. It allows students to work with themselves and others which is helpful for all types of learners.

Hi Claire! You did a great job with your blog post this week. I agree that the bean activity can be done in elementary school when adjustments are made. I think the students would think it's a fun activity.
ReplyDeleteHi claire! You did an amazing job, I also agree that you can use the simulation activity in elementary classes.
ReplyDeleteHi Claire! I think the bean activity was a lot of fun, and I agree that you would have to make some adjustments to it for the elementary classroom.
ReplyDeleteTop of the morning to you Claire!! I love how you plan to accommodate and adjust the bean activity for elementary level students.
ReplyDeleteHi Claire! I also enjoyed this week's activity and thought it was very engaging, along with being a great way to show the predator/prey relationship. I love how you considered adapting the activity to fit a younger grade level.
ReplyDeleteHi Claire! I really enjoyed reading your blog post! I also really enjoyed this week activity and thought it would be a great activity to include in our future classrooms!
ReplyDelete