Elementary Science Methods 1: Week #8
Elementary Science Methods 1: Week #8
What did you learn this week in the lab?
- This week in the lab we continued our learning on DNA, RNA, Amino Acids, and nucleotides. We worked with base pairs in an online simulation. Also worked in the simulation by observing how mutations affect a DNA strand. We re-observed our baby faces from last week and shared them with the class. We had the opportunity to create our own superheroes! Lastly, I looked back at my plant's growing progress compared to last week.
Which parts did you find clear and which were confusing?
- I found everything from the lab this week to be clear and concise with minimal confusion for myself.
How can you apply what you have learned to your teaching in the future?
- I really enjoyed working with the simulation, and I believe the observation aspect was helpful for me. I would use it in my future classroom to help students better understand DNA strands and mutations, and be able to observe each set.

Hi Claire! I agree that the simulation we did was very helpful. I liked how we were able to play around with it on our own and see the results instead of a teacher telling us what to push or do. I think kids in your future classroom will also like that aspect! I also think that the superhero activity is something that kids will enjoy.
ReplyDelete