Elementary Science Methods: Week #12

 

Elementary Science Methods 1: Week #12

What did you learn this week in the lab?

  • This week in lab we studied more about the elements of matter. We discussed the properties of matter as well as what is matter. We engaged in an activity that helped us better understand matter when it's broken up. We measured the piece of matter's mass, volume, electricity, etc. I found this lab to be really fun and engaging. 

Which parts did you find clear and which were confusing?

  • I found this entire lesson to be clear and concise with minimal confusion. 

How can you apply what you have learned to your teaching in the future?

  • I plan to use this activity in my future classroom, and I believe this would be super helpful when studying matter in upper elementary classrooms. I might challenge myself to create an activity to show matter through student's daily activities. For example, making ice cream in a bag (if school allows) so students can see matter and understand it in a fun and engaging way.  
et



Comments

  1. Hi Claire! I liked the pictures that you included for this week! It really helped me visualize the learning that you did during lab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire!
    Another thing that I enjoyed about these experiments, other than that they were hands on and engaging, was that there was an element of choice. Students tend to like things better when they have a choice in what they do. In this case, they have a choice in what materials they decide to experiment with!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Elementary Science Methods 1: Week #10

Elementary Science Methods 1: Week #3

Elementary Science Methods 1: Week #11