Elementary Science Methods: Week #13
Elementary Science Methods 1: Week #13
What did you learn this week in the lab?
- This week in lab we reviewed our weekly homework for the past week and talked about adaptations we would make to the lesson for second graders. We also discussed density, mass, and volume. We reviewed the M&M's in water activity with our question being, How can a particle model of matter explain why colors spread out? We observed different effects on water with more or less sugar or none.
Which parts did you find clear and which were confusing?
- I didn't find any parts of this lesson to be confusing, all directions were clear and concise.
How can you apply what you have learned to your teaching in the future?
- I can apply these activities to my future elementary science classroom. The M&M activity I plan to include in my future teaching. The activity can apply to either lower or upper elementary classrooms. The observation allows students to observe the chemical changes happening when the M&Ms are placed in the water.




Top of the morning Claire!! I love all of your visuals! It is painting a picture of your lab experience and I plan to do the same in my future classrooms :)
ReplyDeleteHi Claire! I agree that these ideas can be applied to our future teaching. All the experiments that we do can be adapted to work for most grade levels. I think students would love this experiment and the chance to work with candy.
ReplyDeleteHi Claire! Stellar job this week! I love how this lesson can be so easily adaptable to fit in so many different grade levels. Again, great job this week!
ReplyDelete